The starting salary for this role is £31,262 per annum, based on working 36-hours per week.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Business Infrastructure team in Land & Property as a Records Officer. You will be joining a team that values development and supports an agile approach to work.
Surrey County Council maintains an operational property portfolio of 2000 buildings, providing key services to the residents of Surrey. This is a wide ranging and fascinating estate, ranging from fire stations to offices, adult social care facilities to schools, farmland to libraries.
About the role
Our role is varied and includes:
- Working with our Records Manager and Business Systems and Performance Manager ensuring that Land and Property documentation are organised and stored securely in a structured way in accordance with Surrey policies and legislations.
- Analysing information needs of the Service to ensure appropriate access is given to records in an easy to access structured way.
- Assisting teams and staff at all levels in the Service in the filing and digital storage of documents of all types using systems defined by corporate strategy such as SharePoint and Wisdom.
To be shortlisted to interview for our position, your application will clearly evidence:
- Excellent IT skills including thorough knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of data document retention schedules and GDPR.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Proactive and able to deliver work to a very high standard without constant supervision.
- Able to be agile to deal effectively with constant change and changing priorities without losing delivery focus.
The team currently operates from our Woodhatch office in Reigate, but staff will be expected to operate in a flexible way to meet the needs of our customers and work demands, using agile working methods that allow business to be conducted from multiple locations.
Therefore, working closely with our Business Systems & Performance Manager, you will need to be able to work flexibly across Surrey offices as and when required.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 23/11/2023 with interviews to follow.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit our website.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.