This role has a starting salary between £39,355 - £42,053 per annum based on 36 hours working week. We welcome both full-time and part-time applications.
"Seeing young people thrive, seeing them move from children's services to adult services and have a life of their own, is amazing and rewarding" - Annet Nassuna, Assistant Team Manager
This role is incredibly rewarding and we are confident that, with strong support from your team, your career will go from strength to strength. You will end each day with the satisfaction that you are making a difference, ensuring no one is left behind.
How we support you to have a great work-life balance
- 26 days holiday rising to 28 days after 2 years' service with the option to buy up to 10 additional days pro rata
- We promote an agile approach to work, a balance of spending time in our communities, our offices and working remotely from home or wherever works best.
- Extensive Training and Development continuously throughout your service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A competitive local government pension scheme
- A car lease scheme and many more discounted lifestyle benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
We just need to know that you have completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and be registered with Social Work England.
In addition to the above, we would also love to hear about;
- Your understanding and experience of working in a strengths-based approach.
- Your knowledge and experience of current legislation such as The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act.
- Your experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries and examples of you using your professional judgement in complex situations.
About the Role
The Transition Team, with offices based in Woking and Redhill, is a countywide service for young people aged between 14 and 25. We aim to give them the confidence and environment to control their life outcomes and aspirational goals that will support them into employment pathways, independent living and meaningful occupation.
As a Social Worker in Surrey you will work across various unique projects that ensure our valued service users have the opportunity to enjoy a home of their own, an environment in which they are supported to live a health & meaningful lifestyle.
At Surrey we work together openly and honestly to provide our residents with an excellent service that is inclusive and respectful of all. We offer a wide range of benefits that allow you to develop within your career without having to sacrifice your work/life balance.
You can read more about our benefits, vision and values on our website by clicking apply.
The closing date for this role is 01/01/2024, although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.