The starting salary for this role is £38,746 per annum based on working 36 hours a week.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Surrey County Councils' Facilities Management team as a Customer Experience Officer. Are you looking for a new opportunity to develop your career as part of a fast-paced Land & Property function collaborating with enthusiastic professionals who want to make a difference?
Land & Property is at the heart of a Council wide improvement programme with a view to delivering more efficient and cost-effective provision of services which links everything back to its finance, business, resource capability and culture across the Council's ambitious estates programme.
About the role
Reporting to our Customer Experience Manager for Education, you will support the development of a customer focused strategy, aligning all the requirements for FM and Forward Maintenance service delivery to the Education Directorate's business and transformation needs, ensuring continual improvement.
You will also be involved in managing the relationship with the Service Directorate to ensure customer focused delivery by FM suppliers and Forward Maintenance Contractors.
The role is varied and includes:
- Managing the relationship with service directorates to ensure customer focused delivery by FM suppliers and Forward Maintenance Contractors.
- Overseeing and managing the Customer Service feedback interviews in line with the Customer Experience feedback model; reviewing the NPS scores and ensuring Corrective Action Plans are developed.
- Through the FM suppliers, prepare monthly service reports based on supplier-fed MI and supplier-led financial reporting for your Directorate for review key stakeholders, enabling strategic decisions to improve services.
- Specific to the Education Directorate, the Customer Experience Officer will support the delivery of the 'Buyback' services including managing relationships, monitoring reporting and performance, and helping schools develop budgets and control expenditure.
- Support the implementation of the Buy-back strategy through the FM suppliers, assisting them to market the services, costs and benefits to schools and achieve significant incremental growth in the range and scale of Buyback services.
Alongside your CV, we will be using your answers to the following application questions to help us shortlist. The 4 questions below will help us to assess if this job is the perfect match for your skills, experiences and values:
- What has motivated you to apply for this role?
- Can you please outline your qualifications, knowledge and experience in relation to your NEBOSH Health & Safety qualification and Fire Risk Assessment Training?
- Can you provide an example of a time you have had to achieve a project goal within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Can you give an example of a time you have implemented a demonstrable improvement in customer service
To be considered for shortlisting, your answers to your applications will clearly evidence:
- 3 years' experience in a similar or equivalent role, within a large, complex Facilities Management environment, with a strong customer focus.
- Technical FM knowledge and experience such as NEBOSH Health & Safety Qualification, Fire Risk Assessments Training and proficient in using IT tools including spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to carry out audits of completed works.
- Able to achieve optimum results within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Travel to SCC and partner sites as required.
- To operate in alignment with Health & Safety legislation and SCC Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on the 3rd of December 2023 with interviews to follow.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Moti Gurung by e-mail at .
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.