The starting salary for this position is £14,398 per annum based on a 25-hour working week, pro-rata to £20,733.
This position is a fixed-term contract for 9 months. Working hours can be discussed at your interview.
Surrey Residential Homes look after children up to 18 years of age. All our homes are inspected regularly by OFSTED and have been judged as either 'Good' or 'Outstanding'. We are very proud of the quality of our residential services for some of Surrey's most vulnerable children. As a result, we have invested in our homes and staff and plan to continue this to achieve a service that is ambitious, innovative and responsive to the needs of young people in our care.
We strive to provide a safe and nurturing environment for disabled children and young people who also have complex health care needs. As a Housekeeper at our home, you will be joining a dedicated and energetic team that provides the best possible quality of personalised care for our young people that meets each child's needs and promotes their welfare.
We are looking for a part-time Housekeeper who shares our dedication and who will take pride in our home; helping to create a clean and homely environment for our children. The home looks after up to 11 young people aged between 9 -18 years old.
This is a very rewarding role where your work will make a real difference to the lives of the children we support. As a Housekeeper you'll be at the heart of ensuring the home is clean and safe by:
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene (where necessary, using powered equipment e.g., vacuum cleaners, carpet shampoo machines)
- Ensuring all necessary repairs are reported and that health and safety guidelines are always followed
- Quality checking any groceries or cleaning products delivered to the home and making sure these are stored and rotated appropriately
As a team, we work closely together to ensure we are providing the best possible care for some of Surrey's most vulnerable young people; and at times this can be challenging so you'll need to be adaptable and resilient working in this environment.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is flexible, organised and able to work methodically
- Has an awareness of Health and Safety issues and COSHH
- Has great interpersonal skills and can develop appropriate relationships with young people
- Can work well as part of a team but is also confident working individually
- Has a commitment to undertaking relevant training and development
If this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information, please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on the 3rd December 2023 with interviews to follow.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Jonathan Mack by email at
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.