The salary range for these roles is £39,355 per annum, based on a 36-hour working week.
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a strength-based approach.
Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
Our fantastic Adult Social Care team based in Woking is looking for a new Mental Health Social Worker for our Supporting Independence Team. The team is county wide but supports hybrid working. You'll be part of a team that believes in developing you, both professionally and personally, are supportive facing the challenges social care has to offer.
We can offer you:
- Mentoring and support from experienced colleagues
- Work/life balance: flexible working is supported where possible, including working from home or hot desking at a number of County Council sites
- 26 days annual leave (28 after 2 years' service and 30 after 5 years) plus 8 bank holidays
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- A generous local government salary-related pension
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits
In your application, we would love to hear about your;
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England
- Successful completion of an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme if qualified as a social worker after June 2012
- Experience in mental health service, including assessment and risk management skills
- A full driving licence and have use of a vehicle insured for work/business purposes
- A working knowledge of Care Act legislation including experience in preparation of support plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly founded Supporting Independence Team as a Mental Health Social Worker. The team complete assessments and reviews for those currently living in residential, supported living and some individuals in the community. This includes completing S117 reviews and understanding the remit of health and social care and people's entitlements under S117 aftercare. We work closely with other agencies such as housing, social care providers, Community Mental Health Teams to ensure we are promoting the persons independence, in line with the Care Act 2014. Many individuals have lived in supported living for many years and have a desire to 'move on' to more independent accommodation and we are able to work intensively with the person to achieve this. We undertake Mental Capacity assessments and S.42 enquiries where required.
We are a small team and members are friendly, cohesive and proud of their record in providing an effective service in the community. We also work closely with Adult Mental Health Social Care teams within Surrey County Council.
At Surrey we work together openly and honestly to provide our residents with an excellent service that is inclusive and respectful of all. We offer a wide range of benefits that allow you to develop within your career without having to sacrifice your work/life balance.
You can read more about our benefits, vision and values on our website by clicking apply.
The closing date for this role is 01/01/2024, although applications will be reviewed and appointments made on an on-going basis.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
As part of our greener future strategies and our commitment to creating a healthy work-life balance, we welcome a conversation with you regarding our remote working options. Remote working to us is a balance of spending time in our communities, our offices and working from home or wherever works best.
For an informal discussion please contact Caroline Hewlett by phone at 07971673277.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.