This role has a starting salary of £66,774 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
This is a 12 month Fixed Term contract/ secondment opportunity.
The team support remote / agile working, however, your primary base will be Fairmount House, Bull Hill, Leatherhead, KT22 7AH. Regular travel during the week is required. For this reason, you must hold a valid driving licence
Applicants must hold a valid driving licence to drive in the UK and have access to a car.
We are excited to be hiring an Integrated Senior Commissioning Manager to join an experienced and friendly team who keep residents at the heart of their focus in all they do. With a proven track record of delivering exceptional outcomes and services the right candidate will be supported to develop their own career within commissioning.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Team
Older People's Commissioning sits within the broader Adult Social Care directorate. Working closely with all locality teams, care providers, health colleagues and partners across Surrey our purpose is to improve the life opportunities of older people in Surrey. Ensuring no one is left behind and everyone has the chance to thrive at home or in care we want to ensure equity of access and opportunity and empower thriving communities.
About the Role
With integration remaining a key priority for Surrey County Council and Heartlands and Frimley ICS we are seeking an innovative, experienced and transformational Senior Commissioning Manager to oversee implementation of some of our key work programmes and services.
The role will be recruited to Surrey County Council, Adult Social Care, and be based within the Older People's commissioning team however the role will be aligned to the Mind and Body Programme. The role will focus on bridging the gap between working age adult services and older people services, in particular prevention and hospital discharge.
In this role you will focus on delivering 'Reablement Fit for the Future' goals in Surrey by enhancing community referrals and hospital discharges. The aim is to improve long-term care planning and support for residents with complex needs, emphasizing mental health and frailty pathways. This includes innovating service delivery models, enhancing accommodation options, and supporting a comprehensive community mental health approach for care home residents. The key role involves identifying areas for collaboration and integration to achieve seamless service delivery between health and social care through innovative funding and delivery approaches.
This is an exciting time to join Surrey and shape the future of health and social care. We need you to share our vision and ensure all residents can aspire, achieve and live as independently as they wish, ensuring no resident is left behind.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Relevant experience from previous leadership role(s) in health and/or social care
- Experience of commissioning in health and/or social care
- Experience of managing [complex] change and transformational programmes
- Demonstrable understanding of current challenges in Health and Social Care
Our values are as important as our abilities and shape who we are as an organisation. Discover more about our values.
Before submitting your application, we recommend you read the job description. Our Life at Surrey handbook also attached provides insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
- Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
For an informal discussion, please contact Dan Stoneman, Head of Commissioning Older People on 07794 497607.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 25th February 2024 with interviews planned for week commencing 4th March 2024.
For internal candidates interested in a Secondment opportunity, please discuss with your Line Manager before submitting your application.
We look forward to receiving your application and personal statement, please click on the apply online button below to submit.