Hours: 18 hours per week. Between the hours of 9am – 4pm Monday - Friday
Can you offer a smile and a caring, cheery attitude to our customers as you support them to make the most of and enjoy the activities and services offered by our Walton Centre for the Community? Would you like to spend time with a group of dedicated and inspiring people? Can you work five days a week supporting a variety of people in the community? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then we may have a role for you!
Working with an energetic and dedicated team, you will be supporting our community to enjoy social activities and to promote health and wellbeing. You will help to create a welcoming space for socialisation, refreshments and enabling an active and enjoyable time as clients benefit from the services available at our Walton Centre for the Community. You will be one of the people bringing a smile, a laugh and even comfort to our older and more vulnerable customers.
Elmbridge Borough Council pride ourselves on our commitment to our community and we are proud of the support we bring to all of our residents through the Community Services team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Community transport
- Dementia Services
- Working with partners to provide a venue for specialist groups and charities supporting those with a variety of health and wellbeing needs.
You can be part of this!
At the heart of this service are our seven Centres for the Community in Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Weybridge, Thames Ditton, Cobham, Molesey and Claygate. Each of these centres are unique but they are connected by a determination to provide high quality services to older and vulnerable people in our community.
About the role
- You will be working at our Walton Centre for the Community.
- The job will be truly varied and as you might expect from the job title.
- You will be in a great position to ensure that Walton Centre for the Community provides the best possible service to our customers.
- You will have a good standard of education, be equally happy working in a team as on your own and you will understand the value the importance of customer service.
If you would like to know more, please call Jonny on 01932 247549 or pop into Walton Centre for the Community itself to meet the team and to find out more.
Closing date and time: 16th February 2024, 12 noon