This role has a starting salary of £24.11 per hour.
We are excited to be hiring new Bank Social Workers to join our fantastic Adoption team. Adoption South East (ASE) is a regional adoption agency that launched on April 1st 2020, providing adoption services on behalf of Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex and Brighton and Hove local authorities. We already have nearly 100 staff working in ASE, but we are searching for Bank Social Workers to join our friendly and supportive Woking team
Rewards and Benefits
- Annual leave allowance
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Team & Role
ASE operates a 'hub and spoke' model, meaning that whilst some back-office functions operate from our headquarters in Lewes in East Sussex, we have 4 spokes - one in each local authority, delivering services directly to the public. In this instance, the successful applicant would be employed on Surrey County Council terms and conditions, with an administrative base at Quadrant Court in Woking.
The role is that of a sessional or bank social worker, meaning that cases are allocated on an ad hoc basis, typically when team capacity has been reached. As such, this role may interest somebody looking for occasional or part time work rather than a full-time role. Work likely to be offered includes adoption assessments, non-agency (stepparent) assessments and adoption support assessments and you should be a confident and experienced adoption practitioner, able to work autonomously but with oversight by managers.
Since the Covid19 pandemic our staff have been working mainly from home and we have adapted to hybrid working accordingly.
To be shortlisted for interview your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence:
- That you are a qualified Social Worker, with a minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience.
- Registered with Social Work England
- Have a broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation.
- Strong commitment to securing permanency for children by adoption.
- Experience of completing adoption assessments within a Local Authority, Regional Adoption Agency, or in a Voluntary Adoption Agency setting.
- Commitment to evidence-based practice
- Commitment to inclusive practice
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
To learn more about us, please visit our website.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
For an informal discussion please contact Suzanne Chambers by e-mail on .
Our values are as important as our abilities and shape who we are as an organisation. Discover more about our values.
Before submitting your application, we recommend you read the job description. Our Life at Surrey handbook also attached provides insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.