Compliance Surveyor (Building Safety)
£35,508 - £39,424 - dependant on experience
37 hours per week - Hybrid working
About the role
Runnymede Borough Council prioritizes building safety, addressing legal requirements like the Building Safety Act, Fire Safety Act, and the Social Housing Regulation Act. To bolster our commitment, we seek a Compliance Surveyor (Building Safety) to join our team, contributing to property inspections and maintaining building safety processes for RBC Housing. The role ensures compliance with the "Big 6" Health and Safety categories, demonstrating our dedication to regulatory obligations and effective building safety management.
- Assess and promote health and safety measures in buildings, covering fire safety, electrical systems, structural integrity, and occupant well-being.
- Conduct regular fire door inspections and document findings.
- Perform ad-hoc inspections of service provider works and generate relevant reports.
- Maintain detailed records of building inspections, compliance assessments, and required modifications.
- Carry out inspections, diagnose defects, and take appropriate actions, including damp, mould, and condensation remediation.
- Evaluate and address fire risk findings for housing stock, creating action plans in line with Fire Risk Assessments under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Act 2005.
- Identify and report health, safety, and maintenance issues to relevant service providers via RBC’s management system (NEC).
- Cover for the absence of compliance team members, handle necessary admin tasks, raise work orders, and update compliance-related records.
Exciting Project Involvement:
The Compliance Surveyor (Building Safety) will be actively engaged in Runnymede Borough Council's initiative to enhance building safety management processes. This involves ensuring compliance with current and emerging building safety regulations, meeting obligations to the Regulator, and providing clear evidence of effective building management.
The ideal candidate must be conscious and have experience of managing statutory duty inspections including but not limited to fire safety, electrical safety, legionella, lifting equipment, asbestos, and gas. Applicants must also have the following:
- Knowledge of current fire safety and building safety legislation.
- Enthusiasm for property and customer service, attention to detail and a pro-active approach.
- Ability to follow processes and supervise the provision of contracted service teams.
- Experience of following asset inspection procedures, evidence recording and presentation.
- NEBOSH certificate (or equivalent) essential.
- Experience in building safety in a high-rise/high risk residential building desirable.
- Must have a driving licence with access to a vehicle as you will need to travel to different sites.
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council with a forward- thinking attitude and award-winning departments. As a Borough Council, we are committed to our four core values and goals which we demonstrate through our ongoing policies and projects. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
The Housing Department is committed to ensuring that all residential properties comply with the highest standards of safety, accessibility, and regulatory requirements. Our vision is to cultivate thriving communities by ensuring that every individual has access to secure and well-maintained housing. As a team, we are dedicated to fostering compliance and passion for our mission.
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home
- Flexible working 7am-7pm (Core hours are 10-11.30am & 2.30pm-4pm) and Flexi-leave
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Training and development opportunities
- Payment of one professional membership per annum
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
- Mileage allowance
How to apply
For more information on the role and to apply please visit: Runnymede Borough Council Jobs | Surrey Jobs
We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01932 425516 who will be able to assist you.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Stephan Scheiner, Compliance Manager on 01932 425834 or Stephan.email@example.com.
Closing Date: 16 February 2024
Interview Date(s): Friday, 23rd February 2024
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Council.
Runnymede Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults with care support needs and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You may be requested to present your identification at the interview stage and there will be several checks conducted during the onboarding process inclusive of an enhanced DBS check for specified roles.