This role is based at South Farnham Infant School . Though you will only work during term time, you will be paid a salary every month including school holidays.
This role has a starting salary of £15,932.65 per annum for working30 hours per week, 38.4 weeks per year (equivalent to £11.97 per hour).
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Final salary pension
- Discounts on various services including food shopping
- Health and wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Full induction
- Term time only hours that allow for good work/life balance
- Training and development opportunities, including a Level 3 Food Hygiene Qualification.
About the Role
Using your passion, creativity and enthusiasm, you will inspire a team to produce an outstanding menu using fresh ingredients. In addition to using your flair and passion to create great dishes, you will record meal transactions, control and administer stock, order food and sundry supplies, and take responsibility for the day to day running of a smooth kitchen. Your main goal will be to provide school children with tasty, nutritious meals that help them develop healthy bodies and minds.
Customer service is at the front and centre of the Twelve15 Vision and Mission. You will be a fantastic communicator with an ability to work with our school clients and our customers to promote the benefits of the service we offer.
The key skills we are looking for in our new chef manager are as follows:
- A passion and skill for cooking with an ability to deliver high levels of meals in a food production environment
- Health and Safety Certificate Level 1, and proven understanding of health and safety in a kitchen environment
- Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
- NVQ Level 2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent.
- IT and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills (including teamwork, leadership, and customer service)
- Experience supervising staff and managing a kitchen
- Experience using catering equipment and the ability to train others
- Excellent time keeping and flexibility around locations.
We'd also love to hear about any other relevant skills, interests, or knowledge that you could bring to the table. Perhaps you have detailed knowledge about allergies, or a particular interest in nutrition. Additionally, if you don't hold these qualifications but have a significant amount of experience catering for large groups of people in a management role, please don't hesitate in applying!
In order for you to be considered for shortlisting, your CV and answers to the following questions will clearly evidence the knowledge, skills and qualifications listed above. The questions are:
Why do you think eating healthily is so important for children and what is the impact of a healthy school meal for children?
Please tell us about your experience of working in a kitchen, including the part you played in the production of food.
What experience do you have supervising / managing staff responsible for producing large quantities of food?
Please list any skills and qualifications you have that are relevant to this role.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 14/02/2024 with interviews to follow.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.