This role has a starting salary of £50,047 per annum, based on a 36-hour working week.
At our hub in Dakota, Weybridge, you'll be at the heart of leading our "My Helpdesk HR" teams within our HR Operations Service in People and Change. Your mission? Delivering not just high-quality outcomes, but efficient ones too-all while managing and inspiring a wonderful team of up to 25 individuals who are all committed to delivering excellent customer service.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependents leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Role
Your main gig? Making sure our customer service standards are top-notch, aligning perfectly with our business objectives and council-wide policies. But it's not just about ticking boxes; it's about building relationships. You'll be the champion of partnership working, both inside and outside our organisation, always on the lookout for ways to make our services even better and support a culture of continuous improvement. So what would this involve focusing on to do this? Good question, the main responsibilities would be:
- Leading the charge for My Helpdesk HR, planning, and keeping a keen eye on the services we provide. Oh, and you'll be a big fan of self-service support for query resolution.
- Training the team, internal and external partners and stakeholders as required.
- Initiating and overseeing strategic customer experience initiatives to keep our service consistent and hitting those performance targets we've set.
- Being the guiding force, encouraging our staff to be self-sufficient problem solvers, all while meeting those Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Making sure our knowledge base (internet, websites etc) are on point and our staff are fully armed to support our customers' needs.
- Being the budget maestro, making sure we're efficient with costs while making our customer experience even more awesome.
So, if you're ready to be the hero of our helpdesk team, bringing your passion and expertise to drive us forward, we would really love to hear from you. To apply, alongside your CV, you will be asked to answer the following questions and share some specific examples that help evidence your skills and experience:
1. Customer Service Experience:
Share details of your customer service experience that you believe will contribute to your success in this role. How have your past experiences prepared you to set, maintain, and develop customer service standards aligned with business objectives and policies?
2. Innovation in Customer Satisfaction:
Provide specific example/s of innovative initiatives you've led to enhance customer satisfaction and service efficiency in your previous roles. How did these initiatives positively impact the customer experience and overall service delivery?
3. Communication, Networking, and Change Management:
Demonstrate your outstanding communication and networking skills, particularly in a political environment. Share instances where your communication efforts contributed to building strong internal and external relationships. Additionally, provide an example of how you applied change management principles to address complex issues and drive continuous improvement.
4. Motivations for Applying:
What motivates you to apply for this position? Share your aspirations and how you believe your skills and experience align with the goals and responsibilities.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 15th February 2024. Interviews will be held virtually on the morning of Tuesday 20th February and will consist of a panel interview and a presentation to a panel of peers, details to be supplied in advance to help you bring your best self to the process.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.