This role has a starting salary of £14,986.20 per annum, pro-rated from £24,977 FTE), based on a 21.6 hour working week.
We are excited to be hiring a new Blue Badge Officer to join our fantastic Blue Badge Team, part of Customer Services.
The Blue Badge team is based in Brooklands, Weybridge and this is an opportunity for you to use your excellent administration skills whilst helping disabled residents in Surrey. The role on offer is a 3-day week and we will expect one or two days in the office and one day working from home.
The blue badge team are a small but busy and professional team and in this role, you will be assessing applications for disabled parking badges. This is a 12-month fixed term contract.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 3 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 3 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 1 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Team
The Blue Badge Team are a small professional team who as part of customer services, assess applications and issue blue badges according to national guidelines issued by the Department for Transport. The team is very busy and on a day to day basis we combine excellent IT skills, using a dedicated Customer Management System, with a strong customer focus in order to undertake this important role for Surrey residents.
About the Role
This role demands excellent communication skills both written and verbal, a friendly approach and the ability to deal sensitively and professionally with a wide range of people with a wide range of disabilities. Much of our communication with customers in online, but we can speak and meet with residents to inform and guide about the blue badge scheme.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Evidence of being a well organised administrator.
- Flexibility to combine great IT skills with a good knowledge of databases, MS Teams, MS Word.
- Excellent communications and written skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Evidence of level GCSE/NVQ education.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 20/02/2024 with interviews planned for week beginning 26/02/2024.We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.