This full-time, permanent position has a starting salary of £39,355 - £42,053 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
We are excited to be hiring a new Social Worker to join our fantastic Reigate and Banstead team based at Woodhatch Place in Reigate. We are a supportive and diverse team with an emphasis on development and achievement.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependents leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
Reigate and Banstead Locality team aims to promote adults who have social care needs to stay independent, safe and well so they can live the lives they want to. This includes people who are frail, have disabilities, mental health issues as well as the people who care for them. We provide information and advice about care and support to all residents, offer short term help and options for longer term support if people have more complex needs.
As a Social Worker in Surrey, you will work across various unique projects that ensure our valued service users can enjoy a home of their own, an environment in which they are supported to live a healthy & meaningful lifestyle.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
We just need to know that you have completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and be registered with Social Work England.
In addition to the above, we would also love to hear about:
- Your understanding and experience of working in a strengths-based approach
- Your knowledge and experience of current legislation such as The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act
- Your experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries and examples of you using your professional judgement in complex situations
- Finally, you must be a car user so you are able to conduct visits
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 3rd March 2024 with interviews planned for a week after closing date.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.