This role has a starting salary between £44,614 to £47,681 per annum based on working 36 hours per week. We also welcome part time applications.
The Transition Team are looking for Senior Social Workers following some recent promotions and team members moving onto new challenges. The team is based in Woking/Reigate.
"Seeing young people thrive, seeing them move from children's services to adult services and have a life of their own, is amazing and rewarding" - Annet Nassuna, Assistant Team Manager
This role is incredibly rewarding and we are confident that, with strong support from your team, your career will go from strength to strength. You will end each day with the satisfaction that you are making a difference, ensuring no one is left behind.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Role
The Transition Team, with offices based in Woking and Redhill, is a countywide service for young people aged between 14 and 25. We aim to give them the confidence and environment to control their life outcomes and aspirational goals that will support them into employment pathways, independent living and meaningful occupation.
As a Senior Social Worker in Surrey you will work across various unique projects that ensure our valued service users have the opportunity to enjoy a home of their own, an environment in which they are supported to live a health & meaningful lifestyle.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Your understanding and experience of working in a strengths-based approach.
- Your knowledge and experience of current legislation such as The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act.
- Your experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries and examples of you using your professional judgement in complex situations.
- Substantial post-qualification professional experience as a Social Worker
- Experience of providing professional supervision.
The closing date for this advert is 31/03/2024 although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Before submitting your application, we recommend you read the job description. Our Life at Surrey handbook also attached provides insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.