We have opportunities to join our Children with Disability teams in Woking and Guildford.
When not working with our residents in the community, we are keen to support agile working with a combination of home and office working. We are keen to get the balance right of providing flexibility but ensuring you feel connected to your team and the service.
The salary range for Advanced Social Workers is £44,614 - £47,681 per annum. We also offer a financial package of up to £6,000 which is payable in 3 instalments across your first 18 months in post.
Are you at a point in your career where you want to take on supervisory responsibility whilst utilising your skills as an experienced social worker? Our Advanced Social Worker role enables you to work on complex cases whilst also giving you the opportunity to progress your career through contributing and supporting managers to develop the skills and knowledge within the team, whilst occasionally deputising for the Team Manager. You will also have the opportunity to join Advanced Social Worker colleagues in county wide learning activities organised by the Surrey Children's Service Academy with a clear professional development pathway.
About working in Children with Disability
Ambitious about Ability - Our Children with Disabilities (CWD) service embodies our Council vision of no one being left behind. Our child-centred approach sees us working closely with the children and their families to ensure the whole family is supported. We are committed to working in partnership with families to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people. Our goal is to maximise life chances and opportunities for disabled children and we work closely with our colleagues in adult services to achieve this. We believe strongly in the importance of building positive and consistent relationships between the families we work with and social workers, together with the multidisciplinary team
In Surrey, you will have a sense of belonging within your individual team but also the wider service areas and directorate. You will receive high quality supervision, as there is a firm commitment towards dedicating time that focusses on the work you do with children and families, to enable you to work creatively and holistically in providing support and protection to children whilst also paying attention to your wellbeing and career development. This creates a sense of purpose and fulfilment with a clear pathway to achieve your future aspirations.
Wherever you are in your career journey, Surrey is committed to supporting and nurturing you so that you can be the best version of yourself.
Our Surrey Children's Service Academy currently has over 60 courses available and offers a bespoke learning programme so you can be at the forefront of best practice. Modules such as motivational interviewing and our total respect course allow you to feel empowered in having essential conversations whilst still ensuring a child centred approach to your practice.
How we will support you
Surrey is committed to supporting you both professionally and personally and we offer a number of benefits you can access in your time away from work. A few examples of these include:
- A competitive relocation package
- We pay your Social Worker England Registration fee
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years' service (plus bank holidays)
- Access to our car lease scheme
- Opportunity to join our competitive local government pension scheme
- Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra (discounts on everyday shopping with shopping cards and vouchers for Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer, Primark and many more high street retailers. Plus voucher codes, cinema tickets and reward points, holiday offers and weekend breakaways, and lots more!
- Smart Employee Eyecare - free eye test and if required a free pair of discounted glasses, with no up-front costs to you!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme - which offers advice, support and helpful information on personal, family, work, financial, legal and health issues, plus one to one counselling with 6 free counselling sessions.
- Fostering and adoption support
We look forward to hearing from you!
The job advert closes at 23:59 on the 4th March 2024.
Following the closing date, if your application is shortlisted you will be contacted by our CFL Workforce Team within 5 working days. They will be able to advise on interview arrangements and can support in answering any questions you may have.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
You will need to be registered with Social Work England and have the willingness and ability to travel around the county to meet the demands of the role.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.