The starting salary for this role is £12,488 per annum based on an 18-hour working week, pro-rata to £24,977 full-time equivalent.
"It's great working with such kind and considerate colleagues who always look out for one another and communicate well with tasks, which are always delegated fairly within the team. The Management Team are very supportive and always listen so you know you are being heard, which really boosts morale" - GB, Team Administrator, South West.
If you are looking for a new challenge within a fast-paced administrative team in a social care setting and you are someone who loves to continually improve and learn new skills - we want to hear from you! We are excited to be hiring a new part-time Team Administrator to join our Business Support Team within the Social Care Administration Team on a 12-month fixed-term basis. The position will be based at the St Francis Centre, Guildford, GU2 8WZ.
This role is open to part-remote working, meaning you will be required to work in the office a minimum of 1 or 2 days a week, on a rota basis, to support with office duties but outside of this, we want you to work wherever you feel most productive!
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave (pro-rata)
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
Working within our Social Care Administration Team you will play an integral part in the day to day running of the department and all things admin!
In this role you will organise and minute a variety of multi-agency meetings on behalf of the social care teams, distribute minutes making sure timescales are met, provide an efficient telephone service to our stakeholders and service users, and liaise with professionals both in social care and partner agencies, such as Police, Health, Education and Legal. You will keep track of information, update and maintain spreadsheets and databases and provide performance information to line managers and other departments when requested.
As our Team Administrator you will need to be highly organised, willing to take responsibility and initiative and be comfortable in setting your own priorities and meeting deadlines. You will make sure that everything is in place to guarantee that all runs smoothly for the processes and teams you support.
To be considered for shortlisting your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Prior administration experience in a busy office environment with access to confidential information
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as using your own initiative
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience in minuting taking, typing directly onto a laptop
- Excellent IT skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office
- Ability to take a confident, organised, and proactive approach to your work with a commitment to your own professional development
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 23rd February 2024.
Interviews will be held virtually via MS Teams.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
A basic DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) will be required for this role.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.