This role has a starting salary of £39,355 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week. We welcome both full time and part time applications.
We are excited to be hiring a new Social Care Practitioner to join our fantastic Transition team.
"If you're thinking about applying for this team, you absolutely should. It will open your eyes to a whole new, rewarding part of Adult Social Care that you never knew existed." - Lizzie Knight, Assistant Team Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with people in a person-centred way, proactively seeking to empower them and maximising their potential for independence. If you want to make a difference to people's lives - enabling and supporting them to enhance their wellbeing and independence we want to hear from you!
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Role
In this role, you will work in partnership with individuals, their carers, professional staff in other agencies, service providers and Support Brokers in order to support vulnerable adults and their families to identify and arrange services that meet their needs and promote independence, choice and control. You will routinely manage a caseload of people more challenging and complex needs.
You will need to be confident in undertaking safeguarding enquiries, carry out assessments within the community and working with a diverse group of individuals and partner agencies.
You will receive professional supervision and be working in a team of motivated, dedicated and friendly colleagues.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Recognised Nursing or Allied Health Care qualification
- Experience of working within Adult Social Care (experience of working with various groups i.e older adults, physical disability, learning disability)
- Knowledge and experience of current legislation, including the Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act and its application to practice in a social care setting.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate in a clear, fluent, concise and jargon-free way and in a courteous, calm and professional manner.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The closing date for this advert is 31/03/2024 although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.