This role has a starting salary of between £39,355 - £42,053 per annum based on 36 hours working week. We welcome both full time and part time applications.
We are excited to be hiring a new Social Worker to join our fantastic Learning Disability and Autism team. The team is based in Leatherhead.
"I'd say no day is the same. It is rewarding and it's great being out with the public and helping. It makes getting out of bed worthwhile." - Mandi Porter, Senior Social Care Assistant.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Role
We have vacancies in our East Surrey Team (based in Leatherhead) and West Surrey Team (based in Guildford) and our Countywide Project Team (based in Woking). The team uniquely do not have a duty function, it focuses on projects such as supporting people with a learning disability and/or Autism move into independent accommodation and optimising packages of care for the best outcomes for service users.
As a Social Worker in Surrey you will work across various unique projects that ensure our valued service users have the opportunity to enjoy a home of their own, an environment in which they are supported to live a healthy and meaningful lifestyle.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Your understanding and experience of working in a strengths-based approach.
- Your knowledge and experience of current legislation such as The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act.
- Your experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries and examples of you using your professional judgement in complex situations.
- Completion of your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and be registered with Social Work England.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
The closing date for this advert is 31/03/2024 although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.