This role has a starting salary of £39,355 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
We are excited to be hiring new Social Workers to join our fantastic South West Surrey teams. The teams are based in Guildford and Godalming.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
- Investing in individual growth and career progression
- Ensuring our workplaces and practices are supportive and inclusive
About the Team
Our Guildford Locality Team (based in Guildford): The Guildford Locality Team is a varied team, allowing those who wish to do so to specialise in their area of interest. Alternatively, move between the sub-teams and develop a whole range of specialist knowledge!
Our Royal Surrey County Hospital Team (based in Guildford): Our team, which covers the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Milford and Haslemere Hospitals, is a friendly team who has a strong emphasis on promoting personal and professional development and progression.
Our Waverley Locality Team (based in Godalming): Waverley is a supportive, wide ranging team. Offices based in central picturesque Godalming with parking and nearby direct main transport links. We are a forward-thinking team that promote ongoing learning, career progression.
About the Role
On a daily basis, you will be meeting with clients to understand their care and needs, how they can be supported and to provide the best outcomes for them. Your work will include but is not limited to:
- Care Act assessments
- Carers assessments
- Safeguarding work
- Partnership working closely with our community Health, charity and voluntary organisations.
This role is a really fantastic opportunity to promote strengths-based and person-centred practice in supporting our residents and ensuring our valued service users have the opportunity to enjoy a home of their own, an environment in which they are supported to live a healthy and meaningful life.
With this in mind, we are looking for a range of enthusiastic and dynamic qualified and registered social work professionals with a variety of skills and experiences. Whether you enjoy duty, long term assessment, varied caseload, or D2A work, etc. - we want to hear from you.
Please note this advert covers the whole of the South West area so at the time of advertising we cannot guarantee a vacancy in all teams. However, we will work closely with you to ensure your application is considered for a team that suits you in line with our available posts.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Completion of your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- Registration with Social Work England (We recognise there will be exceptions to this so please speak to us if you are in any doubt)
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
Not local to Surrey? We can offer you relocation assistance and more details are included in the attachment below.
The closing date for this advert is 31/03/2024 although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.